Trinity Redlands Church History

Trinity welcomes you today to church that has been designated as one of Redlands Historical Society's Heritage Buildings.  The congregation began as a mission church in 1886 with her first service held near Hinckley ranch on Mission Road.  A year later, Redlands city planners Judson and Brown, donated a lot on the corner of what is now Center and Cypress, and a permanent building was erected with the name "Trinity" to reflect the union of the three localities of the area "in one ecclesiastical charge to the glory of the Triune God."

As the center of Redlands moved from Center and Cypress to Water Street and Olive, Trinity also moved, taking a place on "church corners" adjoining the Congregationalists, Baptists, and Methodists in 1895.  By 1904, having outgrown their original building, Trinity moved for the last time.  The present building, on the corner of Fourth and Fern, was made possible by a gift from Mrs. Albert Burrage as a memorial to her mother-in-law, Mrs. Aurelia Burrage.  It was built mostly in the English tradition out of cut stone from the Taylor Brick Company of Redlands, and designed by the renowned architect, Daniel F. Willard of Riverside.

Its most notable interior feature is the stain glass windows.  The East "Ascension" window (1893) was moved from the original old church.  Both it and the West "Te Deum" (1931) window were crafted in Munich Germany.  The smaller windows along the North and South sides of the sanctuary are dedicated to many Redlands notables from the years of 1925 to 1943.  In 1957, the St. Mary's Chapel was completed and is home to three windows designed by the Judson Studios.  Parish members continue to honor their loved ones with new pieces that are tucked elsewhere within the church proper. 

Upholding a reputation for fine music, Trinity houses an organ that has essentially been totally rebuilt.  Trinity's pipe organ was built in Redlands by Steuart Goodwin and Company Opus 4 in 1976.  The church's original 1904 Austin organ provided some of the parts, along with the 1854 Jardine organ that had been moved from Rome, New York, for the original church.  The painted pipes that face the congregation are merely decorative.  The actual working pipes are housed in a chamber behind the organ itself.

We invite you to enjoy our  many liturgical offerings throughout the church year which represent our rich Episcopal traditions.

                              Windows 1

 

November 24, 2020

 

IMG 6593

 

WORSHIP TIMES

Sundays

9:30 am Livestreamed Choral Eucharist

Mondays

6:00pm Centering Prayer in Church

Wednesdays

 11:00am Healing Service & Eucharist in Church

 Daily

5:00pm Evening Prayer on Zoom

Office Hours

The office is closed until further notice due to the Corona Virus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trinity Preschool 

Open Year Round

Family Friendly Prices

Half/Full Day Program

Extended Daycare available

909-748-5041


 liz Pride day quote

 ( Thanks Laura for Above quote)

 

 Pride flag small   

 

3B5FD902-8ABC-4D3F-95F5-E2F13E25B5B0 

 

4DE9805F-B55E-402A-82F5-96A01EE71922

 

FECAF539-6478-4A11-8130-CB0DDD214827

 

1FCFB625-1B6A-4F09-A7DD-94BF94ACAE0C

 

 CBF29914-8312-4C61-B090-C7671A6A5E49

Members Login



Last month November 2020 Next month
S M T W T F S
week 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
week 46 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
week 47 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
week 48 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
week 49 29 30